Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, September 8, 2010

Outside my window...it's an overcast, chilly day. Across the courtyard, the wind is blowing the leaves of the oak tree that is covered with acorns.

I am thinking...about the house that we are hopefully moving to next month. Honestly, I'm trying not to get my hopes up about it yet, because papers still have to be signed. Choosing to trust that it will all work out for our good, whatever happens.

I am thankful for...my hardworking husband who loves me. Healthy children. A place to live. Enough food to eat. A wonderful church. A faithful God. The privilege of homeschooling my children. We are so blessed.

From the learning rooms...made a trip to the library today. The kids love to play reading games on the computers, so today I sat next to them and put items on hold on the computer. Found a few interesting things there today, notably books that came from the search "games for children." The variety of things that have been written continually astounds me.

From the kitchen...at least for me, the experiment with dairy has failed. The kids seem to do fine on raw goat's milk. I was so miserable last night with stomach issues that I am done for now. Time to take a break. Butter, I shall miss you.

Aside from that, we made a trip to a local natural meat company last week, which has made for some yummy dinners. Nick and I enjoyed BBQ ribs last week, we got some delicious ground beef that has been hamburgers, tacos, and spaghetti, and tonight the plan is roasted turkey legs.

I am wearing...black linen pants, black and white flowered top.

I am creating...order in my home. Things had gotten out of hand in the organization department, as they are apt to do. A long conversation with Nick yielded at least half a dozen mentions of how messy the house was, and he came up with the idea of having family clean-up-the-house time before bed each night. I feel like I have my life back! Waking up to a clean house each morning gives me much more confidence in confronting the day. I even cleaned out the van and our master closet today. Very satisfying.

I am going...out to a friend's home east of town tomorrow, at least that's the plan. They had a massive garden this summer which she posted pics of on FB and I drooled over. They also raise chickens. We're going to just have our own little chat about homesteading. I'm bringing my kefir and sourdough. :)

I am reading...everything I can get my hands on right now. I tend to read in spurts. On the tables and counters and floor at the moment: The Christian Home Educators of Colorado handbook, Victoria Osteen's "Love Your Life," John Bevere's "Driven by Eternity," Charlotte Mason, "Home Education Vol. 1," and Caroline Moorehead "Dancing to the Precipice." I've been trying to finish that last one, from the library, for literally a year. I reach the limit on renewals and have to take it back and then check it out again. I think this is the third time. It's about 800 pages long (maybe not quite that long), and it's history so it's slow reading...but fascinating.

I am hoping...that it stays warm just a BIT longer...

I am hearing...the dryer. Yay for all three children sleeping at the same time. :)

Around the house...starting to think about packing in the next couple of weeks. Assuming the move will happen, moving day is probably October 16th. I really hope this is the last move for YEARS.

One of my favorite things...curling up in bed with a book.

A few plans for the rest of the week: worship team for one or both of us (still waiting to hear), getting Toby groomed (yay!), a birthday party, a baby shower, a trip to Denver for Audrey's allergy treatment. Whew. Sounds like a lot!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Hannah arranged her Barbies and princesses on her pillows right before bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this format, Sara. I googled The Simple Woman's Daybook and found some info on it. Interesting! Anyway, thanks for sharing what's on your mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! I really like it too! I should have linked to the main page. I'll go add that. :)

    ReplyDelete