Tuesday, April 26, 2011

7 Quick Takes

So, I've been feeling the urge to start blogging again. Here's my attempt to dip my toes back in the water...

1. My sister took art and gymnastics for years as a kid (in contrast to me; I couldn't ever do a cartwheel and never learned to draw), so I asked her to teach Hannah and Audrey those things. She agreed, and all she wanted in return was for me to organize her kitchen for her. We started this morning. I hung out with Tess and my nephew, and they went downstairs to learn somersaults and stretches. I was able to move things around in her kitchen to make more room and make it much more efficient. A good time was had by all. I LOVE organizing things, and my sis's kitchen presents some interesting challenges that I handled well, if I do say so myself. Now, to see if she'll be able to find anything...

2. I have been deterred from garden prep by repetitive spring snow storms. Just can't quite bring myself to bundle up to go work in the garden. Next week looks warmer. I'm hoping...

3. We are nearly three months into the GAPS intro diet. I have yet to mention this here, so the short version is: I got sick and tired of dealing with all our food restrictions, and decided to find something that would fix them. The diet is grain free and includes tons of comfort foods. It was hard for the first month or so, and it's still expensive and requires lots of time in the kitchen to make everything from scratch. But, we are seeing tons of improvement and I'm very happy with the results thus far. Audrey is a different kid!

4. Hannah turned 6 last week. I don't feel old enough to have a 6 year old, and yet, she is. She's 1/3 of the way to 18 already. She's missing her two bottom teeth. She doesn't miss a thing. She's already blowing us and her piano teacher away with her musical talent. She has covered the walls of her room with colored coloring book pages and is very protective of them. She loves to help me with Tessa. She takes her Barbie/Princess dolls very seriously. She's best friends with Audrey.

5. I came across two different websites in the past week, both of which I am terribly excited about. Good Morning Girls and Inspired to Action. Check 'em out. Sometimes you just need a kick in the pants to do the things you've wanted to do all along. Ahem! At least I do...

6. Found out last week that I get to lead worship for our church's women's retreat next weekend. It'll be a small gathering - 25 or so women, but I'm so grateful to be able to play for them! Trying to decide on a song to teach them. There are several on the new Bethel Church album that I LOVE.

7. Nick has been teaching guitar on Tuesday nights for awhile now. He had never taught before. It's been fun to talk music lessons with him. Just a few minutes ago he came upstairs between students, and said with a smile, "This gets really easy after awhile." It is so fun to see him doing things he's good at and passionate about. He got SO nervous at first!

Well, there ya go. Is anybody still out there?

3 comments:

  1. I am currently OBSESSED with home making and the Proverbs 31 wife right now! I hadn't found the Good Morning Girls site yet, so thanks for sharing! I'm working on moving my food blog to being more of a home making project and I love having things to reference.

    ReplyDelete